Getting You the Benefits You Need to Recover
Vermont Bad Faith Workers' Compensation Attorney
Protecting Your Rights Against Bad Faith Practices
If you or someone you know has been injured on the job, workers' compensation should be there to help cover medical expenses and lost wages. However, some insurance companies may act in bad faith which can lead to unnecessary financial and emotional stress for the injured worker.
At the Law Office of Charles L. Powell PLLC in White River Junction, Vermont, our dedicated Bad Faith Workers' Compensation Attorney is committed to ensuring that injured workers receive fair treatment. If you believe your workers' compensation claim has been handled in bad faith, our experienced legal team is here to provide the support and advocacy you need.
What Is Bad Faith?
Bad faith in workers' compensation occurs when an insurance company denies or delays benefits for unjustified reasons, or fails to properly investigate a claim. This type of behavior by insurance companies can cause an injured worker to suffer financially and emotionally. It can also place an undue burden on the worker's family.
Proving a Bad Faith Claim
Proving bad faith in a workers' compensation case requires evidence that the insurance company acted unreasonably or knowingly disregarded the worker's rights. Proving this means demonstrating:
- Unreasonable Denial: Showing that the denial of your claim was not based on valid reasons or evidence.
- Delay Tactics: Establishing that the insurance company unreasonably delayed the processing or payment of your claim.
- Failure to Investigate: Illustrating that the insurer did not conduct a thorough and fair investigation into your injuries and claim.
- Deceptive Practices: Providing evidence of dishonest or deceptive practices by the insurance company.
This can be difficult to prove without the assistance of an experienced attorney who knows how to gather the necessary evidence. Our attorneys have years of experience in these types of cases and can help you build a strong case.
How a Bad Faith Workers' Compensation Lawyer Can Help
Our bad faith workers' compensation attorney at the Law Office of Charles L. Powell PLLC offers comprehensive assistance, including:
- Case Evaluation: Assessing the details of your workers' compensation claim to determine if bad faith is evident.
- Investigation: Conducting a thorough investigation into the actions of the insurance company and gathering evidence to support your claim.
- Legal Expertise: Utilizing our knowledge of workers' compensation laws in Vermont to build a strong case.
- Negotiation and Litigation: Pursuing fair compensation through negotiation or, if necessary, aggressive litigation.
- Protecting Your Rights: Safeguarding your rights and interests against unfair practices and potential retaliation.
Contact Us Today!
Our attorney understands the complexities of workers' compensation laws and how insurance companies operate. We use our knowledge and experience to help clients prove their bad faith claims. We work diligently to gather evidence, interview witnesses, and negotiate with insurance companies to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients.
If you believe an insurer has acted in bad faith regarding your workers’ compensation case, don’t hesitate – reach out today! Schedule a consultation with our skilled attorney at the Law Office of Charles L. Powell PLLC, contact us today or call us at (802) 731-0154. Stand up for your rights and let us fight for the compensation you deserve.
Clients Share Their Experience
I was blessed to be referred to the Law Offices of Attorney Charles Powell.Mark L.
Get the best lawyer, Charles PowellScott Knowlton
Charles "Chip" Powell was there to help and fight the good fight the whole way.Matthew Joe W.
Contact Us Now For Help
Our office is a place where workers can go after experiencing an on-the job injury.